Junior code of conduct
As a junior participant, I WILL:
- Treat all coaches, peers, equipment and practice areas with respect
- Play with honesty and integrity while abiding by the direction and rules as outlined by the coaching and volunteer staff.
- Encourage my peers and provide a safe environment for everyone to to play and practice in the spirit of good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Use positive language and behavior while at any SCGA Junior event on and beyond the course.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness, including using equipment safely and as directed at all times
- Refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity and other offensive language and gestures
parent code of conduct
As the parent or guardian of a junior participant,
- Be prompt when dropping off and picking up my child for practice or scheduled SCGA Junior event
- encourage good sportsmanship and teamwork by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and volunteers
- Allow space for SCGA Junior coaches, staff and volunteers to lead and coach my junior, which includes honoring their space, being respectful of their time, and supporting where needed.
- Refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity and other offensive language and gestures.
- Comply with all outlined rules and regulations of the course programming site.
- Prior to the start of the session, families will receive a full refund minus a 10% administrative processing fee
- Families requesting a refund after programming has started will be eligible for a 50% refund, up until week 2 (fill in each date for each session).
- At the conclusion of programming week #2, no refunds will be issued. See refund dates below.
- Refunds cannot be used as a credit towards any other programming.
- Request a refund by emailing the appropriate person listed here.
Level 1-6 Refund Policy
|Summer||July 8||July 22||July 23|
|Fall||Sept. 30||Oct. 14||Oct. 15|
Level 7-9 Refund Policy
|Summer||Aug. 26||Sept. 2||Sept. 3|
|Fall||Oct. 7||Oct. 14||Oct. 15|
Practice Make-up Policy
SCGA Junior does not offer any make-up practices under any circumstances (weather, holidays, etc.). In the event of a practice cancellation, we encourage families to register their junior for an upcoming on-course activity, which are free for juniors enrolled in the programming session.
In the event multiple practices (2+) are canceled, SCGA Junior will organize a make-up playing opportunity based on coaching and staff availability.
If a practice falls on a SCGA recognized holiday or a day in which their designated golf facility is closed, an extra day of practice will be added to the session.
Any junior who does not show up for their assigned tee time (on-course event) will be required to pay $10.00 as a “no show”. These payments are required for all standard programming on-course opportunities.
Practice Change/Transfer Policy
- Transfers are only allowed before practices begin and as long as space is still available.
- Parents/Adults are required to re-register and request a refund/cancellation.
- Once practices have started, transfers are not allowed.
By participating in SCGA Foundation golf activities, all participants/parents agree that there are certain risks inherent in the game of golf and accept personal and sole liability for all such risks, including, but not limited to, any health-related risks. All participants/parents also understand that there is currently a risk of contracting COVID-19 at an SCGA Foundation activity and accept personal responsibility and sole liability for that risk.